How many times have you said: “I will never drink again!”? Surely at least once in your life! The day after having exaggerated with drinking is a complete torture, it really sucks so we thought of giving you some Sfriso tips on how to drink good wine preventing the torture of the day after!
We have already written a few lines about why some wines cause headaches and we’ve anticipated some tricks, but now we want to get more detailed on this subject.
1. There should be a reason why everyone says to drink in moderation, right?
Feeling sick the day after is not the only one reason, there’s also that annoying “I can’t remember what I did last night,” or “I can’t believe I did that last night!.” The amount of alcohol that we consume is directly connected to how we feel the next day and also to how we behave, so the less you drink the more control you have on over your own body!
2. If you know upfront that you will have a long fun evening and will be drinking quite some glasses, remember to drink just as much water.
One reason for the hangover is dehydration caused by alcohol abuse, so a glass of water for every glass of wine can help you avoiding bad surprises the day after!
3. Never drink without eating before.
An empty stomach absorbs alcohol more quickly and leads to quick drunkenness. So a piece of advice before drinking eat food with lots of fat and protein to slow down the absorption of alcohol and keep on eating during your evening!
4. Do not eat sweets before drinking!
It sounds like a stupidity, but if you want to save yourself from a great headache avoid eating sweets before drinking.
5. Drink quality wines and avoid “cheap” wines
A lot of the dubious cheap wines have more additives in them, we call these cheap wines ” laboratory wines “. Drink genuine wines and do yourself a big favor.
6. Attention to the sequence of what you drink before and after!
You should always start with lighter white wines and finish with the heavy red wines. Do not mix and never drink a nice cold Prosecco after a glass of red wine! If in doubt, just ask us we’ll help you with the right sequence!
7. Sleep enough!
A rested body works better and helps you to get rid of the alcohol quicker.
Or just simply keep to these Ten Commandments for Wine Drinkers:
1. Never drink wine on an empty stomach!
2. Never eat sweet dishes before drinking!
3. Pay attention to the quality and temperature of the wines!
4. Always drink wine slowly and prudently!
5. Enjoy the flavors of the wine in small sips!
6. Always drink quality wines!
7. Drink with moderation!
8. Wine tastes better if you eat while drinking!
9. Be fond of wine but be stronger than wine!
10. Give a moment of thought to the painstaking, hard work that has gone into a glass of wine!